17.9.08

Electricity

What's the point of electricity anyway? I mean, except for blogging, what can we use it for? Grinding wheat, oh, like you never heard of a hand powered mill? Making guacamole? Like, you don't know how to use that mortar and pestle lying in your middle drawer in the kitchen?

Let's think about it. Sleeping: hmmm, needs no electricity. Romantic candlelight dinner: really silly with electric candles. Birthday cake: Dutch oven and, again, candles do the trick more than fine (you bring your sissy electricity-baked cake and I will bring my Dutch oven-baked cake and we'll see who gets the girl).

Horseback riding? Surfing? Blackouts? None of these need electricity. In fact, it would probably ruin things. Especially blackouts. I mean, what's the point of a blackouts if you have electricity to run everything? Yeah, I know, pointless right?