3.10.08

Toi

I just came from what is known as a Toi, it's a Kyrgyz party, but not a normal party, because at normal parties all you do is sacrifice a couple of sheep, a Toi is special because it only happens a few times in a person's lifetime, and you slaughter a horse. Don't worry, it's not the cute horses that you ride, but rather ones that are specially raised to be for feed, kind of like beef cattle, but horses, so there is a lot more meat. I've known that I like horse meat since Kazakhstan, but I didn't know that it was such a special occasion to kill an entire horse.

At the end of the Toi, which contained four more courses, the last one was when they handed out the horse, I had to give a speech, and then sing a song. I was rewarded with a bottle of wine for my amazing rendition of "Happy Birthday".